- sell 10 items from my shop
- finish writing both of my history papers
- begin my biology class (and send in my extension request
- finish my film class
- write my last literature paper
- no more lupron in my system! :D
- file my first quarterly sales tax return
- make and list new and exciting items in my shop!
- mail the wedding invitations
- entertain friends at my house at least once
of these, i completed most! actually, i sold 16 items in my shop, so i nearly doubled what i aimed for. i wrote my literature paper, finished my 6 months of lupron shot therapy, filed the sales tax return, listed a lot of new and cute things in my shop, mailed the wedding invitations, and i even managed to have friends over (allbeit on the last day of the month, yesterday, haha). i haven't written my history papers yet, finished my film class (although i only have an essay and the final left), or started my biology class, but i did file for the extension for biology. i still have a few days left before the other stuff is due :p. overall, i'd say i did pretty well!
also, i watched seasons 3-7 of 'the x-files' for fun, 'fargo', 'moulin rouge', 'lost in translation', and 'spiderman 2' (bleh) for my film class (i love/own all those movies except stupid spiderman, haha), 'elizabeth' and 'elizabeth the golden age' for my history class, and 'memoirs of a geisha' last night, and even 'the forbidden kingdom' at the theatre.
i haven't lost any more weight, but i have started exercising more. i cleaned the house. i read 'the handmaid's tale' by margaret atwood (my third time reading it).
'washi by maoiliosa' achievements:
- sold 16 items from my shop, with 11 customers
- landed my first wholesale account (with a really cool online shop), and was approached for another (haven't spoken with the owner of the shop yet, but it's a physical shop, not online!)
- in all, made enough money to pay my half of the mortgage bill
- was featured in several treasuries
- bought supplies for some cool new items for my shop, including more gorgeous washi paper designs!
- had 3 custom orders (including two batches of my washi fortune cookies!) and 1 pending custom order request
- ran projectwonderful ads and got 3 confirmed customers from them ( i spent $60 on the ads and got about 1000 clicks)
- gave away a lot of cute, free goodies with my customers' orders :).
- made closer friendships with a few of my fellow etsy sellers :D.
- had my first international sale (!) to a sweet girl and fellow beatles-lover in england, and after realizing that mailing overseas is a lot cheaper than i thought, i lowered my shipping prices to canada and the u.k.
best thing that happened in april:
- i accomplished a lot college-wise
worst thing that happened in april:
- well, i can't really think of anything other than i got minor colds like 3 times
- i didn't really buy anything out of the ordinary. i mainly just bought a lot of supplies for my shop :)
and now, onto may!
- sell 20 things in my shop
- complete my first wholesale order, and see about taking on the offer for the other wholesale account
- have a give-away (details soon!)
- order new moo business cards (i'm almost out!)
- finish all my school work from the spring semester, and begin my biology class
- start to study my french textbooks, workbooks, and vocabulary cards so i can test out of 16 credit hours of french at the end of the summer (i just need to refresh my memory. i've got 5 years of learning french under my belt)
- buy my wedding dress!
- list cool and cute things in my shop!
- reach 300 hearts?
- entertain friends at my house a few times
- read some books for fun
overall, my shop is really picking up speed! i couldn't be more grateful :). this is really what i want to do with my life, and it feels so good to be rewarded for my hard work!
also, in case i didn't mention it: i'm having a sale! now through may 5, save 10% on your order! just check out, and i'll reimburse you 10% of your merch. cost through paypal :).
well, i'm off to pack up an order from a customer in germany (yay!). talk to you soon, the internet :).